Friday, August 6, 2010

A Life With God? So Worth It.

Sometimes I feel like no matter where I am I always seem to come across those "unhappy" people. I call them unhappy because they always seem to speak with bitterness or sort of an attitude; in some cases they speak on a power trip. In a judging sense the first word that comes into my head, honestly, would be anal. But then I get to realizing, maybe they're not anal, not unhappy, on a power trip, or acting on negative attitudes; maybe the problem is me. Maybe I'm just impatient and lacking one of the key commandments God has for us: love. I'd much rather admit the problem is me, rather than anyone else. For I can change myself, but would fail to change someone else. Sometimes I feel like my expectations for the way people should act are immensely high. They're high for me as well, believe it or not. But when I set a standard, its always impossible to reach it. That's why I'm glad God has given us a standard by which we should live: with love over flowing in our hearts, and the least bit of judgment toward someone. The other day when I was on facebook, I received an IM from a random kid who had added me weeks earlier. I cannot begin to repeat the vulgarity that continued out of no where. It was craziness. I didn't know what to do. I wasn't going to judge him in the way a Pharisee would. Instead, I should him an act of love. I think he starting becoming ashamed of what he was saying, because he left as fast as he got there. I have pity on irrational people, because I know that it's just built up anger inside of them, and they don't know how to handle it. I spent a while praying for the poor soul, and looked to God's word for guidance. I read up on Acts chapter I believe, where they apostles went and had a prayer meeting and were filled with the Holy Spirit. That's what I want. I want to be so filled with the Holy Spirit that it leads me to the truth through any situation. Something that occurred to me was that I shouldn't take offence when someone offends me. The time I should take offence is when someone offends my God. But even then, I should turn the other cheek. I know I'm not living on this earth to benefit myself, but to benefit my God. The scripture that I thought of in this scenario was Jeremiah 17:9. I cant take personal offence when another deceitful heart blatantly tries to hurt me, because every one's heart is deceitful and so very desperately wicked. Who can know it? I can't. You can't. Only God can. So we leave the dealing of the hearts up to God. Through Christ, even with my wicked heart, I can have love for all. Hurting, non hurting, saved, non saved- everyone. I don't want to ever become a bitter christian, which in my opinion is a big contradiction..instead, i want to be joyous because Jesus Christ is alive in me; it's no longer I who live, but Christ in me. I really need to crack down more on that, (I tend to take offence easily sometimes). Concluding thoughts: I want to be like Jesus. I want to walk with Him; talk with Him, After all, you are who you hang out with. More to come.

-R

3 comments:

John Leih said...

Very good stuff here :)

Sherry said...

You are such a blessing young lady. Our love of others though God is all that matters in this life. Keep fighting the good fight. Your in my prayers.

ray-chill said...

Thank you, Sherry. That means so much to me.