Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Is it Enough?

The other night was really odd. I woke up several times, but still got a pleasant night's sleep, (even from waking up early and going to bed late.) It was so weird what I'm about to tell you! I had a series of dreams that night, and woke up between each. The one dream in particular that really stayed in my mind happened like this:
I was volunteering at a homeless shelter talking to a lady right after serving her a sandwich. When she got up to leave I started walking down the road a bit. As I was walking, some friends appeared around me and we continued on together. All of the sudden huge rain drops appeared out of nowhere. And when I say huge rain drops I mean: GINORMOUS. We thought it was kinda cool, yet freaky, so we started running the opposite direction that the rain was coming from. Pretty soon the rain was falling faster and faster, but vanished when we turned the corner of a building. The rain was completely gone, but what we saw in the sky astonished us. The clouds were intense and started breaking apart. As the sky broke up, out poured blood everywhere in the sky. The sky wasn't so much a sky anymore than it was blood. This all felt so real, even my thoughts were real. I thought to myself as I witnessed this, "If this is the end of the world right this second, did I do everything to please God?" When I woke up the next morning, the question of whether or not I'm living my life for God, and God only, inflicted me. It impacted me. It's lingering, still. This happened two nights ago, and that question that I don't have an answer for, is still strong on my mind. I'm glad I had this dream because it's helping me to do more thinking on my daily walk with God. It's helping me to love more. It's true, I DO want to please God, I DO want to live for Him..but am I seriously doing everything FOR God? Or is some of it set aside for my selfishness? More to come.

-R

3 comments:

Kaitlin said...

Have you ever heard of Julian of Norwich? She had a similar dream, at least as far as the blood goes.

ray-chill said...

Never heard of her. But I'm sure she thought it was crazy as well.

john Leih said...

Are you a prophet??? cuz that was pretty intense...