Sunday, May 16, 2010

Servitude

Serving appears a ton in the New Testament, mostly because Jesus came and showed a perfect example of what a disciple of God is supposed to look like. After He came and died, His disciples continued in His footsteps to share the Truth. And in doing so, they made sure to include serving and giving of themselves for God's glory. With serving, comes giving.

Serving:
  • shows I am a follower of Christ
  • confirms my faith

Committing my life to Christ means that I gave it to Him to use me however needed to bring glory to Him. And giving my life to Him means it's no longer mine to live; means to die to self; putting God's wants before my own.

*Jesus Christ emptied Himself
  • I need to empty myself and rid of the things that pull me away from God
  • I need to be obedient to Christ until death; just as Jesus did
*I need to give:
  • with the right heart
  • because it shows love and selflessness, (step closer to being like Jesus)
  • because it shows separation from the world
  • because it shows Jesus' love through action
***Find contentedness in Christ alone.
Jesus Christ is: peace, love, perfect, patient.
I need to allow God to work through me in this life.

2 comments:

John Leih said...

I like this one a lot. Seriously awesome. So you should keep doing them :)

ray-chill said...

I was gonna post them anyways, but thanks:)


ps: that IS what my blog is for;)