Saturday, May 15, 2010

Faith is Needed; God is Holy and in Control

"We cannot escape the simple and obvious truth that God must be the main thing in my life."
- John Piper

1 Corinthians 3

Fact: We're all going to die someday. With that in mind, I need to focus on having a strong faith that my life is in God's hands. It's also important to comprehend how important my beliefs are, and how important they should be.

*My beliefs matter:
  • Determines the way that I live my life
  • Every action that I make is because of what I believe
  • There's a belief behind every motive
  • All of my thoughts need to be of God's truth
*Beliefs worldly= worldly actions; Beliefs of God= godly actions.

Verse 1-4 : There's a point in every Christian's life where they need to stop and think, "I need to grow up in my faith." This "growing up spiritually" means that you're able to seek God on your own. That you're able to talk to Him, read His word; without having someone hold your hand the entire time. To grow up spiritually requires that, in a sense, you're able to feed yourself. This should result in a lifestyle that's pleasing to God. Another crucial thing to keep in mind: Motives must be right. Meaning, don't do things to impress man; do it to impress God.

Verse 12-15
  • Authenticity of faith will be tested
  • Live for God if He dwells in you

***Beliefs lead to action
v18 - Remembering humility is important
v19 - Wisdom of the world is STUPID
v23 - I belong to Christ. Christ belongs to me.

1 comment:

John Leih said...

All of your notes are amazing. I'm really sorry about that whole thing that happened a while ago over this. Don't stop 'em