Wednesday, January 12, 2011

My Omnipotent Saviour

Where do I even begin? I can't find the beginning of this God-movement in my life. I have been praying for it; craving it. I have been asking my ultimate Master over and over again for a stretch of character and a growing experience in my relationship with Him. It is safe to say I believe I am experiencing that growth in recent times. The past weeks I have been left desolate from fellow friends and family, in which I found myself seeking out God more; searching for companionship with Him. I hate being alone. I can be in a room by myself for hours on end, but if I was not able to talk to God for any reason possible, it is certain that I would find myself in an insane asylum in no less than 10 seconds. This is the best way I could think of to express the illumination of my need for God and His constant presence. However, it is promised that even with Christ living throughout me, I will still experience something we call, "bad days." But with Christ, it is also certain that I will have the power to overcome and endure said "bad days." To-day was a bad day. Bad days, the worst kind, are the toughest. On the bright side of gloomy days, the opportunity for one's true colors to show is given. In my bad, terrible, and painful day, it was apparent that I am lacking a crucial little thing known to the realm of Christianity as, "faith." For some reason, sometimes I think I am strong enough to carry my burdens, as well as other's on my shoulders. Silly as I am, there is no possible way I can do so. It is only when God is holding my problems, pain, and tears in His hands, where I get my relief. It is only then, that I am able to reach the surface of the pool of water for that gasp of breath; life. Far, far too often I take it upon myself to get through life's daily struggles. But say, if I was meant to carry my burdens, and meant to rely on myself...why then, would I need God? This is exactly why I need to let it go. I need to let everything go; all my worries. I need to have the FAITH that my Saviour has called me to have. Another question I leave myself with is simply, What is the ever-loving point of me ever getting through any obstacles by the strength and will of God if I don't learn from them? What is the point if I don't learn that God is the only way out? I know, for a fact, that God has my life in His hands. He holds THE WORLD in His hands. Every situation, circumstance, and happening, He holds. He knows everything before it happens. So with this, I will add that I am finished lacking the faith in the situation my heart is breaking for at this moment of my life. 


My goal is to read this passage over and over until the meaning is embedded in my heart; in my life. I praise God for all He's done and continues to do. Even though pain comes in the night, I am promised that joy comes in the morning. And with that, I will be able to sleep to-night; worry free. 


Matthew 6:25-34
"Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature? So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? Therefore do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble."




p.s. I bolded the sentence that is the guide to a healthy life with God. 


More to come,
-R

No comments: